Automobile Injury Specialist

Algone Anchorage Interventional Pain Clinic

Board Certified Anesthesiologists & Pain Management Physicians located in Anchorage, AK

You can sustain an automobile injury even when the impact seems minor, and you might not even realize for a few days. If you’ve hurt yourself in an auto accident, Shamsideen Musa, MD, of Algone Anchorage Interventional Pain Clinic in Anchorage, Alaska, can help. Dr. Musa is a board-certified anesthesiologist and interventional pain specialist who has considerable expertise in treating patients who have automobile injuries. Call Algone Anchorage Interventional Pain Clinic today to schedule a consultation or book an appointment online.

Automobile Injury Q & A

What is an automobile injury?

An automobile injury is physical damage you sustain when you have a car accident. The impact between two or more vehicles or a car and a solid object can cause considerable and widespread damage, especially when the vehicles are traveling at fast speeds.

Even the most minor collision might cause painful injuries, although they’re often not apparent at the time. The reason for this is that when the accident occurs, your body floods with the fight or flight hormones cortisol and adrenaline, which can mask your symptoms.

What sort of automobile injuries might I get?

Some of the more common automobile injuries include:

Head injuries

Head injuries range from mild concussions to skull fractures. Headaches are common after a car accident.

Neck injuries

Whiplash is the most common kind of neck injury, caused by the force of your head moving first forward then backward when a collision occurs. You could also damage the cervical vertebrae or discs in an automobile accident.

Back injuries

Automobile injuries can affect any part of your back, causing sprains, strains, fractures, injury to the spinal discs, or radiculopathy (trapped nerves).

These injuries might be evident from the start or could take several days or weeks to cause symptoms. If you’ve had an accident and have any pain or functional problems as a consequence, it’s always best to get medical advice.

What kind of treatment might I need for an automobile injury?

The first stage in determining the right treatment for your automobile injury is to get an accurate diagnosis. To achieve this, Dr. Musa carries out a thorough physical examination and tests your reflexes and responses. He also runs diagnostic tests, such as an X-ray, CT scan, or MRI.

Once he finds the cause of your pain and the extent of any damage, Dr. Musa creates a detailed treatment plan based on your specific needs. 

Your plan might include treatments such as chiropractic manipulation, physical therapy, and noninvasive therapies like transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS).

You might need medications such as painkillers, anti-inflammatories, and muscle relaxants. Dr. Musa can also use epidural steroid injections, nerve blocks, and cutting-edge radiofrequency ablation technology to treat unresponsive pain.

When would I need surgery from an automobile injury?

If your automobile injury causes severe damage or results in chronic pain that doesn’t respond to conservative treatments, Dr. Musa can provide advanced minimally invasive surgical options. These include:

  • Spinal cord stimulation
  • Dorsal root ganglion stimulation
  • Targeted drug delivery therapy
  • Lumbar decompression (mild®)

With Dr. Musa’s help, you can overcome the pain of an automobile injury. His practice also assists with any medical documentation you need for insurance claims. 

Call Algone Anchorage Interventional Pain Clinic today to find out more or book an appointment online.